Friday, January 20, 2006

Been thinking...

I have ongoing uneasiness about the recent posts, and what I had been planning. I've discussed this with a few people, most of whom have encouraged me to continue, but the feeling has remained.

So, I'm not going to tell you about those people after all. Perhaps later. Or never, I don't know.

My main issue is the potential impact it might have. I'm not paranoid, but I'm realistic about how Burma operates. In reality, I'm probably typing to a small groups of friends and acquaintances (hello out there!) which is lost in the overwhelming dross of cyberspace. But there's the miniscule chances that someone else may be reading (Mingalaba to you) and that what I say could be taken in the wrong spirit, and dramatically affect someone else.

If so, I might never know. And there's absolutely nothing I could do about it. So, I'll put on hold any further discussions until I've had time to consider further, fictionalise a little and gained a little more perspective. Until then, I'll have to think of other diversions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Mel
just logged on to your blod - I havn't for soooo long but I have been wondering how you are and how all your travels went so I am having a good read :)
Your delema is a tricky one. I wonder have you read "The Good Women of China" by Xinran? It is excellent and very moving. Xinran was a radio anouncer in China and had a talk back program for women. Giving people a voice and a chance to tell their story they otherwise wouldn't have. She has published some of their stories in this book. I am not sure how much she has fictionallised them.
take care
Affrica