Friday, August 05, 2005

I got electrocuted yesterday.

I was unplugging my computer from the 4-days-post-brand-new power board. There was a flash of light, a loud buzz and a searing pain up my arm.

Now, this wasn't just a "zut" and a head throb, like when you hold an electric fence. this was a full second (zzzz one, one thousand zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) of the Thai mains power running through my body.

I have entry and exit wounds.

Thankfully, they're only 1.5cm apart, so it basically went directly through my finger, resulting in a shreik and frantic hopping around the lounge room. Rather like my centipede experience, really. This time, being home alone, I didn't have an audience, but given that this also means there was no-one to resuscitate me should my heart have been stunned, I've thrown out the power board.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! :o
- Miss Trish

chris mccarthy said...

I once got electricuted on my birthday. I was trying to re-attach two exposed wires coming out of the wall socket of our telephone connection, when my Mum decided to ring and wish me a happy brithday. I was turning 27 at the time, but I felt more like 67 after the horrific jolt that went up my arm.

Chris.

Sue W said...

Whew! Must have been rather scary, but very glad to hear that it wasn't worse!! Hope you take a lot of care next time you are using a powerboard (or your computer!).