Friday, August 05, 2005

I got electrocuted yesterday.

I was unplugging my computer from the 4-days-post-brand-new power board. There was a flash of light, a loud buzz and a searing pain up my arm.

Now, this wasn't just a "zut" and a head throb, like when you hold an electric fence. this was a full second (zzzz one, one thousand zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) of the Thai mains power running through my body.

I have entry and exit wounds.

Thankfully, they're only 1.5cm apart, so it basically went directly through my finger, resulting in a shreik and frantic hopping around the lounge room. Rather like my centipede experience, really. This time, being home alone, I didn't have an audience, but given that this also means there was no-one to resuscitate me should my heart have been stunned, I've thrown out the power board.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! :o
- Miss Trish

Anonymous said...

I once got electricuted on my birthday. I was trying to re-attach two exposed wires coming out of the wall socket of our telephone connection, when my Mum decided to ring and wish me a happy brithday. I was turning 27 at the time, but I felt more like 67 after the horrific jolt that went up my arm.

Chris.

Anonymous said...

Whew! Must have been rather scary, but very glad to hear that it wasn't worse!! Hope you take a lot of care next time you are using a powerboard (or your computer!).